Tuesday, April 19, 2011

gender nan semu....



Re-post from my other site :

I don’t like gender discrimination; well it doesn’t mean that I had been a feminist. But it was appears since last time I went to a Pedro Shoe Counter then goes to at one of the famous mall in my town.

I am working in an NGO. Where people mostly casual in the way they dress themselves. And in fact my office operated in a homely place than in a big building; make me think that I am not supposed to wear high heels everyday. Only in special occasion, like I am having a meeting in one of the partner’s office, wedding, and bla bla where I feel I need my self bit tidy.

So back again. I entered this shop. And take a look at some shoes. I love Pedro, with my lil bit masculine sense, this shoe it’s really attract me. Very good leather, casual color, and flat. The shop keeper came and smile, his telling me that this shop must be for man. Not for a lady like me. He spoke with a very well manner. Then I replied, what make this shop it’s a man shop? “Because we only sell man shoes”….He said.

My sense or debate raise for one level. I asked “what makes this shoe it’s a man shoe?” “Because the shape of the shoes made for man” He replied. “Oyea?”and what will be the different between a man shape and a woman shape of shoe”? i pretend that I have no clue about it. “A man shoe its flat, and woman shoe has heel on it” he insisted. Huahahaha….what a stupid debate. I decided to continue it.

And last, I asked him” what if I wanted to but this shoe” will you refused my money”? I fancy this shoe, but I am not a man. I want to but this for my self. And he said, “my pleasure miss, what size do you want?”

Oopsss…..what for he told me that this is a man shop while when he knows I want to buy one, he is very much welcome…?

This gender classification of things it’s really ridiculous (according to me ya.) You have been limited by something that its noooooo important at all. This one excluding toilet ya. I agree with toilet classification hehehe. Men’s shoes, ladies shoes, men’s bag, ladies bad, men’s watch, ladies watch, and et cetera et cetera.

Can’t complaint with this culture (May I called it culture)? I will always have to argue first if I want to but something. But why in term of in line/queue, why there is no line for woman and line for man? It will be useful to avoid sexual harassment, you know how many woman getting sexual harassment while they are in line for something. Getting someone touch the back, bump, or someone who is taller enough peeping for something inside your t shirt. Or in my lovely Indonesia, no such things called ladies first. You want it, you get it. That’s the rule.

Lucky for my friend Mr Skinny, no one asked him why he was very happy mix with a bunch of girls, laughing, and busy choosing some G-string in discount counter. Is he gay? No, is he transvestite? No for sure, he is all macho. Mr Skinny it’s a normal man who loves girly touch. Just like me, I love masculine touch.

C’mon yal people…..give me a break for this classification , you want it, you buy it,hahaha

No comments: